Mended socks

Look, a perfect pair of matching socks ;-) ! Or, an excellent pair of wearable socks, which is more important really.  I finished re-knitting the foot and toes on the dog-nibbled sock, and thought I should examine the other sock carefully before I put them away - and of course, it needed darning on the toes and heel.  So left that till today, and got it done after work. 

Really not the best yarn to use for socks.  It knitted up well, and looks good, but is not sturdy enough for socks. Ah well, it's been good practice in knitting and mending. 

I'd managed to forget to get the car booked in for it's MOT over the summer holidays.  (It was due in April, but due to lockdown, we all got an extra 6 months to sort it. So I should have got it into the garage for August, as I'm always off work then.) And it should have been done by yesterday. So I was going to walk to work this morning, but Elder Son has had the day off, and gave me a lift before he went to take the dog for a walk and have breakfast out somewhere. (That's good, because when you work long hours it's important to do fun things on your day off. I'll let you know when I get a day off from being mum...)

I walked home from work, which I've been awfully lazy for so long and have not done for years. It's just over a mile, but all along a busy road so not what one thinks of as a lovely walk, and I certainly don't like running along it even without covid 19, as there are other people using the pavement and the road is too busy to go into the road to go round them.  So I feel pleased with myself for having walked it today.

I have booked the car into the garage for Monday though :-D. I would like to drive less but there always seems to be a justifiable reason not to. One of them being that if Elder Son is at work so I will be the one walking the dog (his dog!), I don't want to walk the dog for a mile, walk another mile to work, be at preschool all day which involves a lot of moving, walk a mile home, walk the dog for another walk before doing stuff including dinner - and then walk the dog for another mile before bedtime. It's not that I object to walking 5 miles in a day, but it all ends up being round the busy streets where we live and not off to anywhere more interesting or pleasant to walk.

Hey ho, I will try to do better! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dough in the airing cupboard

Good Friday 2021

October half term