Good car!

Yay, the car passed it's MOT without any work needed! It did have a mini service, oil change etc at the time it was in the garage, so cost more than just an MOT, but is safer to drive as well as being legally safe to drive. 

I dropped it off at the garage this morning, & Elder Son met me there & we took the dog off for a walk around the lake before heading out to the Farm Shop. The swans have 4 cygnets this year - I say cygnets as they still have their juvenile plumage, but they look as big as the adults to me. I'm not getting close enough to swans to see who's biggest!

Swan coming closer - Elder Son said she was warning me off & saying "No paparazzi!" while I more prosaically thought she was after bread... 

The Farm Shop do all sorts of refills as well as fruit, veg, bread etc. Today, we got refills of washing up liquid, local rapeseed oil & local rapeseed oil flavoured with garlic. The oils refills are new as we only saw them last time, so of course didn't have bottles for them. Elder Son got a chocolate croissant while some wallflowers & pansies jumped into my basket!

We then did a couple of hours at the allotment, strimming the grass & chainsawing plum suckers. Y'know, I say 'we' but I did neither... I did clear the tomato plants & weeds from 2 beds & weed half of another as well as pruning the fennel to stop it seeding everywhere.  So it all looks better there, and manageable. 

Younger Son did not come with us on these important journeys (though I'd have spent more in the Farm Shop if he had), nor on the trip into the town centre for Elder Son's hair cut. I went in the charity bookshops, & found nothing I wanted, which is okay as it's chance there. I also found no trousers I wanted in M&S, which is annoying as I need 1 or 2 more pairs of trousers, & found that one gets no phone signal in M&S when I had a missed call from Younger Son's doctor's secretary needing to rearrange an appointment. Sigh. Will play phone chase for a few days... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dough in the airing cupboard

Good Friday 2021

October half term