October half term

Is involving lots of sitting.  Younger Son had his covid 19 booster on Monday, so that was lots of sitting with him as we waited to see the nurse, & more sitting waiting for his 15 minutes before we could leave.  Tuesday, Elder Son had a wisdom tooth taken out under sedation, so needed me to drive him to Colchester & back again.  That was over an hour in the dentists' waiting room.  And today, it was take my car to the garage to have the splitter cable tied back up.  The lovely garage man didn't charge me anything for their work! So they get one of the bags of chocolates I'd got for the bin men, & when we get a new (2nd hand) splitter, it will go there for fixing on.

These are going to be cable socks, as they'll use up the yarn left from a pair I made very quickly
as I cast on last Tuesday morning, & did the kitchener stitch & wove in all the ends on Sunday evening.  Very quick knit, helped by binge watching Star Trek Voyager with Younger Son. 

I'm glad the new socks worked up so quickly as I'd not enjoyed making my brother's Christmas present socks. 
It was the first time doing magic loop socks, the first time doing two-at-a-time (ttat) socks, and the first time making such big socks. I didn't love the yarn, either for the feel or the pattern.  Hey ho.  I made ttat socks!  I made magic loop socks! I made the present my brother asked for, and the message of these socks is "I listen to you. I love you enough to make you something. You will have warm feet."

I took the dog round the recreation ground on Saturday for the first time in ages. (After I'd hurt my foot, I then had the horrible cold.  Walks were short.)  I love this view as the sky and the grass just seem to go on forever!
and this view is charming to me too - it looks as though we're somewhere in woods, because you can't hear the roar from the A road with lorries rushing over the bridge on one side of us, or the children shouting on the play equipment at the recreation ground on the other side!

I've done lots of cutting stuff back in the garden too - the grass has been sadly neglected while I've been ill, so I cut that Monday morning (tricky as it was too long and too wet, but leaving it would only make it worse) and trimmed back the yellow jasmine so it shouldn't get broken by snow if we have any this winter. Tidied up various pots and turned their saucers upside down so they don't get frozen water sitting under them.  Still more to do, but all the dust I raised brought on my cough again, so I left the rest for another day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dough in the airing cupboard

Random thoughts on recycling