Fairly productive day

I finished the first grey sock yesterday - but by my forgetting to go up a needle size for casting off, I now need to unpick the casting off & do it again. So I'm procrastinating by doing other things...



Got a load & a half of washing on the clothes horse with the dehumidifier running.  I'd put Elder Son's chef whites on the line before walking the dog this morning, but when I went outside after zoom Church to put the towels out as well, it was raining. So,got it all back in, took yesterday's 2 loads off the clothes horse & into the airing cupboard, chef whites on the clothes horse & about half the other load.

Sorted the stuff that needed mending. Polo shirt Elder Son had bought from ebay with a mend on the back - someone thought the best thing to do with a red polo shirt was to pull the hole together with black thread. Unpicked that & darned with red thread, darned hole in Younger Son's polo shirt, herringbone stitched some elastic into place on the knickers I made. First ever pair of knickers I've made (also, only pair to date), & in some places, I'd not got the fold over elastic actually folding over the edge of the material.

Got a big ball of random chunky yarn & a 9mm crochet hook & started a granny square lap blanket to use the yarn up. Younger Son wants this, which is funny as the yarn was bought for him, some time ago. 

Will finish the current round then do double crochet all round as an edging. 

Watched 2 episodes of Star Trek Next Generation with Younger Son, then Elder Son got in from work earlier than he'd thought he might, so walked the dog through woods & along river before it got dark. Still windy out there, as we came back along the river, the wind tried to take my hat away! Grabbed it in time though. & strava said I'd done 20km in 2 weeks, which was cool.

Now off to clean kitchen & think about dinner... Would like (vegan) shepard's pie as it's cold & damp, but Younger Son doesn't like mash... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dough in the airing cupboard

Good Friday 2021

October half term